Menéndez Pelayo House Museum

It displays an interesting collection of objects and belongings, which were the property of the scholar

The Menéndez Pelayo House-Museum was built in 1876 and has been inhabited since then by Don Marcelino's family. Years after the scholar's death in 1912, it was opened to the public, who have since been able to see the dining room and living room, as well as Enrique's office and the room and bed in which Don Marcelino died.

Together with the Menéndez Pelayo Library, it was declared a National Artistic Monument in 1982.

Casa Museo Menéndez Pelayo

The building currently houses the House-Museum with the sage's belongings (inaugurated in 1935) and the headquarters of the Gerardo Diego Foundation (opened in 2005), which houses the library and newspaper library of the master poet from Santander. In the garden there are busts of personalities related to D. Marcelino.

It is currently closed.