The tourism demand was consolidated in the month of July, with the recovery of international tourism standing out.
- Visitors to the city increased by 17% in July, with the arrival of 308,268 people; international visitors increased by 43% and national visitors by 16%.
- The hotel occupation data shows a positive July, with a 47% increase in overnight stays.
The tourism activity in Santander is recovering progressively.
- Visitors to the city increased by 130% in the month of June, with the arrival of 204,958 people, 93% of which were national visitors.
- The hotel occupation data improved compared to 2020, although uncertainty was very prevalent in the booking rhythm.
Visitors to the city increased by 20% compared to the month of August 2020, with the arrival of 421,695 people.
International visitors increased by 148% and national visitors by 19%.
The hotel occupation data showed the same positive trend, with a 23% increase in overnight stays.
Santander recorded the best summer figures according to volume of visitors to the city:
- The number of visitors received in the months of July and August 2021 increased by 3% compared to the same months in 2019, the maximum ever recorded.
- In September, the positive evolution continues and visitors are increasing (+43%), along with hotel overnight stays (+30%).